Home

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Klaipėda/Memel (Lithuania), 1929

                                                            
A picture taken of my father, Aaron-Israel Rachowitz, and his parents/my grandparents: Riva-Rachil Orelowitz Rachowitz and Hirsch-Meir Rachowitz. If I am not mistaken, this beautiful photo was put on display in the shop window in Memel. My father was born in Memel (Marktstrasse 11/12 or Turgaus gatvė 11/12, please see old picture below) on June 8, 1929. Below is my father's birth certificate issued in Memel in German language (Register Nr. 358/29)
                               
Source: GenWiki

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing wonderful info, Found your post interesting, can not wait to see more from you. Good luck for upcoming post!!! You can also read more from Israel Joffe

    ReplyDelete